Your path leads you here

Your path leads you here
On this night your path takes you to a small village. There is not much in the village, a few run down cottages, a well that has seen better days, a half standing stable and an Inn. You'd like to keep riding, but you know your steed needs rest and so do you. You hand your reins over to a dirty stable boy, open your coin purse and toss the lad the silver bit you pulled out, telling him "one more on the morrow if my horse is well fed and brushed." You wade your way through the muddy village towards the Inn. Looking up, you see the name "The Nightblade Inn." The outside doesn't look like much, but the smells drifting out makes you think of home. Your stomach begins to talk to you and start to salivate.

Entering The Nightblade Inn

 You push open the door barely attached to the hinges, an unusual silence greets you...how uncommon for a Inn/Tavern.  You look around and s...

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Looking for Adventurers...Will you help defeat the unknown source of the dark magic?


While out on my journeys away from The Nightblade Inn, I ventured to the outskirts of the Unnamed Forest.  As soon as I arrived at the ancient branch portal, I could tell something was foul.  Every sense in my being was on edge.  The smell was not a crisp air, but a pungent thick stench of decay,  there was no noise just silence.  Not one bird chirped, nor one cricket sung...just silence, an eerie feeling indeed.  Every hair on my body stood on ends, my born abilities knowing nature was as humans would say "the alarm bells were ringing," and loudly mind you.  I did not have time to investigate, I needed to get through the portal for my tiny potioneer, Olette needed ingredients for the new potions she was concocting.  Just as I was about to get through the ancient branch portal the shadows started closing in.  Each shadow reaching claw like towards me or....was it towards the portal... This portal holds great value and is hidden from human sight.  Only immortal beings or those with true magic are able to see & use the portal to take us to the lands where to old ones came from.  The tale of this land is for another time...for you see what concerns me is the shadow was not of natural magic, I could sense that.  This was a dark magic, one I have felt only once before... That before was when my village was attack when I was a young wood elf.  I may have been young, but that unnatural feeling of dark magic used stayed with me this whole time.  It brought my village to it's end...is this dark magic back to destroy the land of the old ones.  Needless to say, I was not strong enough even with Olette & her potions with me to attack.  Around the portal a protection circle was place, with the ancient knowledge all Wood Elf's are taught. I believe it should hold until we can gather a party & find where the source of the dark magic is coming from.  Can I count on you adventurer to help aide me in this quest?

No comments:

Post a Comment